Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Date: 2/9/2017
Reporting to the Treasury and Financial Controls Analyst, the Accountant will work closely with Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and other departments, to take responsibility for the day-to-day execution of Treasury operations in North America and liaise with foreign operations to drive standardization and coordination of cash management across the GEC Group. At the core of this role is the integrity of treasury systems and banking platforms as well as accuracy in reporting. A principled stance to cash management and keen attention to detail with regard to managing, tracking and reporting on cash is critical. The Accountant will support the strategic Treasury initiatives and assist in monitoring short term liquidity and longer-term funding needs for GEC and fulfilling the internal and external reporting requirements of GEC’s operating companies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Report current cash position and monitor operational cash needs in North America and GEC’s foreign locations
- Coordinate cash movements each day and reconcile daily cash activity to prior day expectations.
- Prepare daily cash summaries, review transaction logs and other oversight functions to maintain the integrity of the treasury processes.
- Daily and monthly reconciliation of bank account positions in North America and consolidation of these positions across GEC globally.
- Monitor policies, procedures and internal controls over Treasury operations ensuring they are operating effectively and designed appropriately. Ensure compliance with SOX and identify opportunities for control environment improvements.
- Prepare ad hoc analysis as required.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Ownership & Initiative
- Autonomously perform scheduled tasks, and possess the ability to recognize and escalate critical issues as appropriate.
- Exhibits a “get-it-done” attitude with an approach that fosters cross functional partnerships with a vast range of stakeholders and group-wide collaboration.
- Has the maturity and confidence to speak up and constructively challenges assumptions and explanations of colleagues at all levels.
Detail Orientation/Quality of Work
- Has a desire and demonstrated ability to improve processes.
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze complex data, processes and problems quickly providing concise insights across all levels of the organization
- 2+ years of finance experience.
- Public accounting background desirable.
- Bachelor degree in accounting and/or finance, newly qualified or working toward a CPA is desirable.
- Experience in cash management, banking technologies, balance sheet analysis and forecasting desirable.
- Experience with SAP and Hyperion HFM is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and Sarbanes Oxley (SOX).
- Experience in general ledger accounting, account reconciliations, and financial analysis.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
GEC Packaging Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.