Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pine Bluff, AR
Post Date: 2/10/2017
Effectively fulfill engineering demands of paper mill department.
- Troubleshooting quality issues
- Learning key operating parameters
- Solving production issues
- Assisting with shutdowns, start-ups, etc.
- Running trials
- Networking with vendors and operators
- Recommending new chemicals and equipment
- Monitoring key variables
- Collecting and analyzing data
- Collaborating with engineers, managers, operators
- Working independently
- Working in teams
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and listening communication skills.
- Clear expression of ideas in writing and in good grammatical form. Has the ability to actively listen and provide feedback to others.
- Ability to resolve conflicts/disagreements in such a way to promote a win-win situation with the parties involved. Understands that based on the variety of experiences and values of the work group and work group members, differences will arise. An advisor is very sensitive to the feelings of others as resolutions are collectively developed.
- Possesses a genuine intent to foster the learning and development of work group members while promoting the creation of a high performance team.
- Able to lead work group toward an objective or goal while encouraging and empowering the work group to make decisions regarding flow of work through specified area.
- Understands one’s influence on the work group, and provides direction to work group to insure requirements are consistently met for the work area/facility.
- Develops a positive working environment promoting open and honest communications and trust among work group members. Understands in order to provide continuous feedback to work group members, specific behaviors must be described in detail. Listen with the intent to understand the situation, shows empathy, and can express feelings in a very professional manner without offending work group members.
- Ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces, organizing parts of problem in a systematic way, making systematic comparisons of different aspects or features, setting priorities on a rational basis, identifying time sequences, and casual relationships or other relationships, in order to generate solutions.
- Change Orientation:
- Ability to adapt to and work in a variety of situations to support the organizational goals.
- Appreciates new and different perspectives and has the willingness to align one’s own behavior with the needs, priorities, and goals of Evergreen Packaging.
- Ability to effectively forecast future production/operational demands and to insure a plan of action is developed to support the attainment of organizational goals.
- Involves assessing capabilities, identifying resources, setting and prioritizing objectives, and determining critical paths.
- Ensures resources are available for work group to produce on-time, quality work.
- B.S. Engineering or Paper Science Engineering.
- Preferably some experience in an industrial / manufacturing setting
- Desire and capability to work in manufacturing for a long-term career
- Prefer hands-on assignments. Expect to spend 50% of time out in the mill
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal & communications skills
- Highly self-motivated, but able to work with teams
- Superior computer skills (MS Office, PI, Proficy, SAP, etc.)
- Willingness to teach and train others
- Proven leadership skills
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Positive attitude toward workplace safety
- Strong time management skills
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.