Product Compliance Mgr.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Date: 2/10/2017
- Act as an internal Regulatory Affairs consultant.
- Assist in the preparation of Federal, State, and local compliance filings for Evergreen Packaging.
- Assist in the preparation, tracking, indexing and archival of information, amendments, annual
reports, general correspondence, adverse event reporting, promotional materials, and support for any compliance dispute.
- Perform regulatory research including regulations, guidance documents and analyses of compliance.
- Act as Administrator of the Evergreen Compliance Management System to initiate, track and archive supplied substance compliance reviews and communication with suppliers on compliance matters; document extraction, gravimetric and microbiological tests and their analyses; communicate with customers in fulfillment of requests for compliance certifications, letters of guarantee, and analyses of compliance.
- Participate in all scheduled vendor meetings regarding the operation and maintenance of the Compliance Management System.
- Advise and notify Evergreen’s management staff and customers of product compliance status with all applicable U. S. and international regulatory obligations for food contact packaging substances, materials and articles.
- Provide timely information that may be required for adverse events, field actions or other such activities.
- Assist Innovation and NPD, Marketing, and North America Operations QA/QC groups in determining that regulatory requirements are met.
- Provide support to currently marketed products, e.g., review engineering changes, labeling, promotional material, product changes and documentation for compliance and for changes requiring regulatory agency approval, pertaining to U. S. and international regulatory requirements.
- Provide backup support as an interface with regulatory authorities on regulatory and technical matters, as appropriate.
- Work closely with all Business units.
- 4 year undergraduate degree from accredited university with emphasis in chemistry, chemical engineering, biology, microbiology, toxicology, food science, environmental sciences, or related fields;
- Prefer a higher level degree in a related field;
- 5+ Years of related experience and/or qualified training;
- Experience dealing with global regulatory processes;
- Preferred experience of direct contact to U.S. regulatory agencies (EPA, FDA, USDA, OSHA, DOT), and those outside the U.S (i.e. EU, China, Japan, Middle East, Latin America, Austral-Asia);
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements and standards governing global manufacturing and distribution of FDA- or EPA-regulated products;
- Ability to represent the company in regulatory matters relating to product registration and environmental health issues;
- Ability to respond quickly in emergency situations relating to regulatory strategy issues, bearing in mind potential reporting requirements and public relations issues;
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functional and cross-Business Units;
- Experience in communicating to various personnel about regulatory requirements and practices;
- Detailed oriented, high degree of accuracy, deadline driven;
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to actively contribute to new projects;
- Ability to make independent decisions within a team environment;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and time management skills;
- Flexibility in the ability to prioritize, multi task, and learn quickly with a positive attitude.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.