Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Date: 1/1/1970
This position is responsible for day to day purchasing of Capital Equipment and Services for various plants for both growth and sustaining CapEx and OEM spend within GEC and will be a member of the GEC Procurement team reporting to Global Director – Capital Procurement.
The essential duties include:
Educational and Other Skill Requirement
• Bachelors or advanced degree in Engineering preferred
• 3+ years of engineering experience and 1 + year of procurement/ supply chain experience in capital procurement in a manufacturing company with a mature procurement function
• Experience with negotiating capital and service level agreements
• Detail oriented and organized with good project management skills
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, standards and specifications
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and working exposure to Purchasing module within ERP system like SAP and/or Oracle
Working Conditions and Environment
• Office environment, and minimum travel (<10%) to manufacturing facilities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
GEC Packaging Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Video: Join Our Team