Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Date: 1/1/1970
This position is responsible for sourcing and purchasing of Capital Equipment and Services for various plants within GEC and will be a member of the GEC Procurement team reporting to Global Director – Capital Procurement. The candidate will be responsible for the execution of strategic procurement process for the category, including buying activities and day-to-day interaction with internal stakeholders and suppliers to ensure an uninterrupted supply of quality goods at optimum cost. The essential duties include:
• Support negotiation activities in a structured and professional manner
• Participate / lead cross-functional teams to negotiate and implement improved operational and commercial supply outcomes for the business and customers
• Measure performance against budgets and targets
• Track and report savings, support procure-to-pay process improvement within the Category area, monitor TCO improvement as well as working capital improvement using the tracking tools in place
• Provide periodic and ad hoc reports and forecasts on performance against plan and KPIs
Educational and Other Skill Requirement
• Bachelors or advanced degree in Engineering preferred
• 5+ years of engineering or project management or capital procurement experience and 1+ year of supply chain experience in capital procurement in a manufacturing company with a mature procurement function
• Skilled in project management, reporting and presenting information, and statistical analysis
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, standards and specifications
• Knowledge of industrial and quality principles, including: process layout, standard operating procedures, SPC (Cpk, Cmk, Ppk), PFMEA, Lean Six Sigma, APQP, 5S, ISO TS16949, ISO 14000, etc.
• Excellent negotiation skills, problem solving ability and strategic thinking ability. Excellent communications skills.
• Advanced Microsoft Office Skills (super user in Microsoft Excel)
• Information System Proficiency – working exposure to SAP, Oracle ERP
Working Conditions and Environment
• Office environment, and frequent travel (<25%) to manufacturing facilities
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
GEC Packaging Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Video: Join Our Team