Job Type: Full-time
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Install and repair electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment. Must possess
excellent troubleshooting skills. Work will require experience with AC & DC drives, instrumentation, transducers, and hydraulic/pneumatic controls. PLC troubleshooting experience and work with tension controllers a plus. The work is in a high speed equipment/production environment. Experience with computer-controlled systems is a plus.
1. Use computer to check status of jobs/electrical repairs that need to be completed.
2. Inspect and test electrical malfunctions, using testing instrument, manuals, guides,
and blueprints, etc.
3. Repair or perform preventative maintenance of equipment and electrical circuits.
4. Perform maintenance and mechanical repairs.
5. Fabricate and weld brackets, etc.
6. Connect power supply wires to machines and equipment, and connect cables and wire
between machines and equipment, following manuals, schematic diagrams, and blueprints, using hand tools and test equipment. Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components for high voltage and low voltage.
7. Diagnose malfunctioning apparatus, such as transformers, motors, and lighting fixtures, using test equipment, and replaces damaged or broken wires and cable using hand tools.
8. Use a variety of tools or equipment, such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment.
9. Inspect electrical systems, equipment, or components to identify hazards, defects, or the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
10. Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring or
equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
11. Install conduit and other wiring.
12. Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, or components, using test equipment and
hand tools to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
13. Work from ladders, scaffolds, or roofs to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, machines, etc.
14. Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
15. Comply with facility safety requirements by adhering to proper PPE rules by wearing hairnets, ear plugs, gloves, aprons, safety glasses, steel toed safety shoes and any other items required for working safely on the job.
Must pass Ramsey Mechanical Aptitude Test.
15+ years of experience preferred.
Our current production schedule requires rotating shifts for all employees (2 weeks on each shift).
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Video: Join Our Team