Job Type: Full-time
Location: Athens, GA
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Responsible for supervising the hourly, union employees on shift in order to meet the safety, environmental, production, quality and cost goals of the department, as well as to meet customer delivery dates. This position is also responsible for contract interpretation, overseeing employee training, enforcing rules, policies and procedures recommending disciplinary action when require, verifying and approving work ours and pay rates utilizing Kronos timekeeping systems.
- Ensure all employees are knowledgeable of and adhere to Evergreen packaging safety policies and procedures, as well as OSHA regulation
- Organize, manage, and direct the activities of employees assigned on shift to meet production goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s). verify and approve work hours and pay rates utilizing eTIME or Kronos timekeeping systems.
- Responsible for effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution. Ensure hourly employees have proper training and tools to meet department goals.
- Meet production goals by balancing quality, productivity, performance, cost, safety, environmental and morale to achieve positive results in all areas of the department.
- Work with other departments, shifts and direct reports to achieve team attitude among crews and peers.
- Check work areas for safety hazards, conduct weekly safety meeting with department employees, communicate the status of orders, schedule departmental clean-ups, communicate with Quality Improvement Manage concerning all issues affecting quality (side seams, skiving issues, mixed loads, etc.).
- Provide products and services that consistently meet the mutually agreed upon specifications of both our internal and external customers.
- Ensure that all requirements of SQF Level II Code are being administered and adhered to.
- Participate in scheduled food safety internal audits.
- Implement and maintain quality systems that ensure procedures and processes are in place to provide products that meet manufacturing specifications and customer requirements; provide tools for educating team members on quality standards and specifications for packaging; standardize quality test procedures and interpretations of results throughout the division; create a foundation and mechanism for process monitoring and continuous improvement.
- Involve team members in continuously improving the quality of our products and services, and the efficiency of operations and staff activities throughout the business.
- Leading quality improvement activities within their respective organizations.
- Responsible for assuring that the products produced within each manufacturing facility are safe and comply with all federal, state and international laws, regulations, and guidelines.
Skills, Abilities, Special Licenses or Certificate:
- A BS Degree - Preferably in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Supervisory skills.
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Ability to balance and achieve results in areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure.
- Strong team player.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge of Food Safety requirements.
- Ability to interpret and administer SQF Level II Code.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.