Job Type: Full-time
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Post Date: 1/1/1970
The engineer will provide controls engineering support to assigned product lines. The key customers the engineer supports are the Product Manager(s), manufacturing, purchasing and vendors, Technical Service Team, Field Service, and our end customers. The deliverables from this role are electrical engineering design, programming for logic controllers and visualization interface and technical support.
- Maintain a fully documented and accurate electrical design and control program that complies with established Evergreen and industry standards for specific assigned product lines.
- Maintain a cost balance for the electrical design that achieves the lowest base cost with the highest manufacturing efficiency and lowest warranty. This balance should also account for the highest operational efficiency and lowest maintenance requirement.
- Produce electrical design/program changes to support sale orders, product improvements, and change requests/non-conformances for assigned product lines.
- Provide timely, complete, and consistent technical support to internal and external business customers as required in support of assigned product lines.
- Support the Controls Team to increase output, standardization, and repeatability of designs and programs through developing and continuously improving engineering tools and work processes.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (preferably electrical, will consider mechanical or chemical).
- 0-2 years professional control systems experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people
- Experience with Allen Bradley PLCs, PanelView programming
- Experience with SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Electrical Schematics
- Knowledge of Servo is a plus.
- CAD experience – AutoCad or SolidWorks preferred
- Industrial control electrical design experience
- Industrial control programming experience
- Electrical system and control program troubleshooting experience
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.