Job Type: Full-time
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Post Date: 3/9/2017
The Mechanical Engineer performs a variety of engineering related tasks and assignments ranging from conceptual design to the documentation required to manufacture the end product. The customers range from other engineering personnel all the way to the end manufactured product customer. The design of components is required to be done on various CAD systems. Various design software packages are used to design and release the components. The Drawings and ECO documentation for the manufacturing of the designed components are created using their appropriate software. The components must be followed though the manufacturing process including testing of some components and systems. The successful engineer must be able to work autonomously with little supervision.
- Must come up with new ideas to solve problems. Much thinking out of the box needs to be done to see possible solutions to impossible situations.
- Conduct all testing required for completion of the project. Tests need to be run as required to verify new components and systems will meet the design objectives.
- Complete all drawings with the required information so that the part can be made correctly. This is done by paying close attention to detail and confirming that all required information is on the drawing.
- Complete and release ECO’s with all the information required. This is done by including what machine the changes affect, a note to production control providing information for disposition if required, and the reason that the change is being done.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (preferably mechanical, will consider electrical, agricultural or chemical).
- 5-8 years professional experience related to this position
- Proficient with CAD - SolidWorks preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel up to 25% including Internationally
- Demonstrated ability to produce results
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people
- Demonstrated ability to learn
- A good working knowledge of manufacturing practices is required to design parts that can be made for a minimal cost.
- A good knowledge base of mechanical mechanisms and drive components to design simple and complex mechanisms
- A good knowledge base of software tools like spreadsheets, word processors, databases and CAD used to perform required functions.
- Must be able to conduct tests and associated changes as required to determine the validity of a design.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.