Job Type: Full-time
Location: Chicago, IL
Post Date: 1/1/1970
• Do you excel in identifying and creating sales opportunities?
• Are you a self-directed, independent professional with a track record of success?
• Are you looking for a growth opportunity with a company that is energetic, fast moving and engaging?
If so, you should review this exciting opportunity with Evergreen Packaging. We are currently seeking an Account Manager which will have responsibility to grow our Paper Sales business.
- Act as an Evergreen Packaging product consultant. This necessitates a strong understanding of our product offerings, customers’ needs, manufacturing capabilities, pricing, etc.
- Identifying, developing and managing new business opportunities to enable profitable sales growth. This can include identification, assessment and development of new products and other relevant product segments.
- Development and execution of sales strategies and plans for assigned accounts. This includes understanding many variables such as: corporate inputs for manufacturing costs, price assumptions, freight, other competitive factors, etc.
- Leading all price negotiations and customer value management within assigned accounts while maintaining customer price agreements.
- Identifying and implementing opportunities for profitability improvements which may include supply chain savings, service improvements, etc.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with all customers.
- Managing the complete customer relationship including all customer inquiries.
- Coordinating with manufacturing operations regarding customers’ needs and any quality issues and concerns.
- Extensive collaboration between Sales and Mill Operations teams regarding customer feedback.
- Understand and report market trends including demand, competitor activity and pricing.
- Understanding and compliance with all policies and legal requirements including antitrust code of conduct, and ethics requirements.
The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated track record of identifying and commercializing opportunities, growing sales volume and revenue, managing relationships both internally and externally. Additionally, the role requires excellent organization and planning skills and the ability to work as part of a team within a matrix organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Sciences
- 5+ years relevant experience in sales roles with focus on executing and sustaining growth
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- The ability to travel extensively. International travel may be required
- In depth knowledge of Paper markets, products, end uses, customers and competitors is desirable
- Mill or factory based manufacturing and product development experience is desirable
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.