Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pine Bluff, AR
Post Date: 1/1/1970
We are currently looking to hire a Quality Engineer for our Pine Bluff, AR Mill. The successful Quality Engineer will be able to effectively fulfill engineering demands of the paper mill department.
- Troubleshoots and eliminates quality issues.
- Effectively uses Key Operating Parameters (KOP’s) to ensure quality of product on a daily basis.
- Solves production related issues impacting quality.
- Assists with the running of trials to ensure success.
- Monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to identify trends and help correct to ensure product quality.
- Collects, analyzes, and interprets data and makes logical recommendations based on analysis.
- Collaborates with engineers, managers, and operations personnel as needed.
- Effectively works independently as well as in a team environment.
- Assists with outage support on an as needed basis.
- Supports Manufacturing Excellence and Cost Per Ton initiatives.
- Other job duties assigned by management.
- Conflict Resolution
- Problem Solving
- Change Orientation
- B.S. Engineering or Paper Science Engineering.
- Quality or production related experience in an industrial / manufacturing setting preferred.
- Desire and capability to work in manufacturing for a long-term career
- Six Sigma/Lean Manufacturing experience beneficial.
- Prefer hands-on assignments. Expect to spend 50% of time out in the mill.
- Exhibit excellent interpersonal & communications skills
- Highly self-motivated, but able to work effectively in a team environment
- Superior computer skills (MS Office, PI, SAP, Elixir/Majiq, Mini-tab, etc.)
- Willingness to teach and train others
- Proven leadership skills
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Positive attitude toward workplace safety
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.