Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Function and Scope:
This buyer will work closely with cross functional teams across multiple operation sites. This position has responsibility for the development and improvement of supply chain, negotiation of cost-savings, efficient and accurate procurement of goods and services for multiple facilities, as well as cross-functional support within department and between departments. Provides input and execution of strategy developed with the Procurement team. The position resides in Memphis, TN and reports directly to the Director of Indirect Global Sourcing. Other duties may be added as assigned.
- Manages purchasing documents (PO’s, contracts, payment requests, etc.) in order to protect the interests of the company and ensure best possible value.
- Makes decisions based on systematic analysis, research and current information in alignment with company initiatives.
- Professionally interacts within supply chain and across other departments across all manufacturing sites.
- Manages department priorities and achieve required department goals.
- Identifies cost-saving opportunities, solves adverse issues, tracks successes, and develops best practices to maximize results.
- Assists suppliers, accounts payable, requisitioners with order / invoice / payment issues as required.
- Clearly and actively communicates to all areas as needed verbally, in writing and/or in formal presentations.
- Provide reports and analysis through supplier spending, purchasing activities and assists category managers as assigned to execute short and long term supplier strategies.
- Provide business performance measures to management through SAP reporting and analysis.
- Reporting and analytics including spending report by category, open PO report, supplier spend analysis as required by category managers, etc.
- Assist other departments as assigned on supplier reporting, transactions research to seek for corrective solutions.
- Maintain Vendor Certificate of Insurance database, file vendor W9’s and minority
- Work with category managers and other buyers to seek solutions to vendor payment issues that may arise.
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Requirements, Skills & Competencies:
- B.S/B.A degree from a four-year accredited college or university. Preferred emphasis in Supply Chain, Procurement, Materials Management, Finance, Math, Statistics, Economics, or related
- At least 4 years combined relevant experience in Supply Chain, procurement, or AP.
- Self-starter who requires little direction or supervision
- Computer Skills and strong analytical skills using Microsoft Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to complete quantitative and quality analysis and financial models
- Proven strong financial analysis skills; technical corporate finance
- Problem structuring and strategic problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills including presentation, speaking, and writing abilities
- Strategic sourcing and negotiating experience required
- Demonstrated negotiation and presentation skills required
- Strong communication, organizational and computer skills required.
Qualifications – Preferred
- Packaging, Resins and/or Polymer experience preferred
- Certification of supply chain organization preferred.
- Three years’ experience in a procurement environment
- Experience with Team Connect is a plus
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed,
age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.