Area Manager - Maintenance
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 1/1/1970
The Area Manager, Maintenance leads the efforts to safely and efficiently operate a specific area of the Maintenance Department in support of a fully integrated, complex, kraft pulp and paper manufacturing process. The ideal candidate will be technically oriented, a strong environmental steward who works well with people at all levels in the organization, and is an individual who is promotable to higher management positions within the organization.
This position is a senior leader in the organization with accountability for strategic and forward thinking skills that will contribute to the overall performance in the Maintenance department as well as the Canton Mill operations.
- Ensure all safety policies and practices are implemented across responsible areas. Maintain high levels of accountability with subordinates for full compliance of safety actions, training or policy changes that will support attainment of safety goals for the department. Actively participate in a leadership role in attainment of safety goals identified for the mill.
- Develop, implement or maintain effective maintenance practices that provide high levels of equipment run ability and efficiency. Monitor preventive maintenance practices, outage planning, contract service effectiveness, and scheduled work execution that attains operating plan targets.
- Monitor and analyze all maintenance spending for responsible areas. Develop yearly budgets that supports asset reliability while maintaining cost control. Communicate with and involve area management in monthly maintenance spending goals, variances, and contingency plans that support adherence to approved budgets.
- Direct or oversees any modifications to equipment or systems that would improve reliability or cost effectiveness of paper manufacturing areas.
- Develop plans for personal growth and improved job performance for all salary employees under direct area of responsibility.
- Be knowledgeable of and participate in resolving company/union disputes as related to the Maintenance Department.
- Develop long-term strategies for maintenance organization to align with future goals of operations.
- Drive reliability practices.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical Engineering.
- 10 years of relevant experience. Minimum of 5 years of manufacturing experience in a unionized work environment.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience as a manager of a salaried workforce.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.