Job Type: Full-time
Location: Raleigh, NC
Post Date: 4/4/2017
The Production Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of hourly employees in the continuous improvement of safety, environmental compliance, quality, and productivity goals. The position provides direction and leadership of a team responsible for manufacturing paperboard cartons for the milk and juice industries. The successful candidate will have a technical degree and develop technical skills in printing, extrusion, and finishing. The successful candidate will further develop leadership skills in managerial courage, building effective teams, conflict management, customer focus, and developing direct reports. This position is the first step toward a career in manufacturing management.
Specific Job Duties:
- Ensure all employees are knowledgeable of and adhere to Evergreen Packaging safety policies and procedures, as well as OSHA regulations.
- Lead team to adherence of requirements of SQF Code 2000.
- Organize, manage, and direct the activities of employees assigned on shift to meet production goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's).
- Provide employee coaching and development. Resolve employee issues through effective problem resolution.
- Meet production goals by balancing quality, productivity, performance, cost, safety, environmental, and morale to achieve positive results.
- Work with other areas of the facility, shifts and direct reports to achieve team attitude among crews and peers.
- Provide products and services that consistently meet the mutually agreed upon specifications of both our internal and external customers.
- Strong people skills with ability to follow through on assignments with little or no supervision
- Must have strong organizational and administrative skills
- Must be an effective communicator and have the ability to coach and motivate employees into taking ownership and accountability in a team environment
- Must possess a strong safety commitment
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering is required – a mechanical engineering focus is preferred, but consideration will be given to electrical, chemical or industrial
- 1 to 3 years of hands-on manufacturing experience as an intern or full time employee for a manufacturing company
- Experience in printing, extrusion, or like industry is strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Lean, Six Sigma, and/or other continuous improvement processes a plus
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.