Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 4/5/2017
Reporting to the Mill Capital Projects Engineering and Reliability Manager, this position is responsible for developing, implementing and sustaining reliability plans and programs to reduce unscheduled equipment downtime and improve overall process reliability. The position is also responsible for managing the implementation of capital projects to support these efforts. The position requires strong project management, technical and leadership skills. Primarily, the prospective candidate should have the ability to manage several projects that span multiple engineering disciplines, with the primary focus on mechanical engineering. The ideal candidate will be technically oriented, detailed in approach, work well with people at all levels in the organization, and promotable to management positions in the company after building background and experience in our business.
Specific Job Duties:
- Develop, implement, improve and manage new and existing equipment predictive and preventive maintenance programs.
- Lead RCFA (Root Cause Failure Analysis) process to identify root cause and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Manage the Preventive Maintenance systems and supervise hourly technicians. Ensure the correct preventive maintenance work orders are in place to drive reliability and work with the vibration analysis team to make the correct decisions around component repairs.
- Troubleshoot chronic issues and develop action plans to minimize impact on equipment availability.
Work with the Maintenance team to develop, implement and sustain reliability best practices to reduce unscheduled maintenance downtime and costs.
- Assist in development and utilization of key reliability metrics to consistently measure performance.
- Review and critique outage and PM execution to identify obstacles and recommend improvements. Assist with major equipment work scopes for bidding purposes and continue to refine/detail the scope of work.
Develop capital investment proposals and manage all detailed design and construction of capital projects with the objective of meeting technical, cost, reliability, and safety goals. Scope, estimate and prepare funding request for capital projects.
- Prepare detailed engineering designs and layouts.
- Prepare bid requests from vendors, engineering consultants, contractors and other outside organizations as needed. Evaluate and recommend selection.
- Strong communication skills, leadership skills-relationship building, and group facilitation skills. Has the ability to actively listen and provide feedback to others.
- Business presence, ability to work through others, technical presence, computer skills, and strong project management. Demonstrate the ability to learn and understand systems such as Optivision, SAP, PI, CAD, etc.
Strong experience in Reliability Engineering, RCFA, Must understand RCM, planning and scheduling best practices.
- Understanding of elements that make up a good reliability program and how they are applied effectively including vibration analysis, precision practices, preventive tasks, thermography, motor testing, switch gear and breaker testing, etc.
- Knowledge of leading best practices in reliability.
- Ability to adapt to and work in a variety of situations to support the organizational goals. Appreciates new and different perspectives and has the willingness to align one’s own behavior with the needs, priorities, and goals of Evergreen Packaging.
- Preferred BS in Mechanical Engineering from accredited college or university.
- Requires minimum of 5+ years of engineering and maintenance experience.
- 5+ years experience in a manufacturing environment, Pulp and Paper industry (preferred).
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.