Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 1/1/1970
The successful Production Planner originates and implements the production plan for the Canton and Waynesville facilities. Employee will collaborate with Inside and Outside Sales Representatives, Sales Managers, and Mill Operations, Technical, and Product Development management to optimize grade mix, machine trims, trials, etc.
- Communicates to and advises the Product Services Management, Sales Managers, Inside and Outside Sales Representatives, and Operations personnel the actions required and/or taken to provide superior customer service while maximizing machine efficiency and profitability. Takes a leadership role in establishing and meeting monthly shipping and inventory forecasts. This is accomplished by keeping current on market conditions, maintaining competitive machine backlogs, anticipating customer needs, and implementing the business strategy.
- Originates and implements manufacturing schedule which provides optimum trim and machine efficiency taking into account customer requirements, mill requirements, transportation, and delivery requirements. These schedules are developed in conjunction with maintenance schedules, raw materials and packing supply requirements, pulp balance requirements including recycled needs while maintaining appropriate grade and basis weight mix. Responsible for maintaining balanced machine backlog while maintaining machine schedule integrity and utilizing unplanned inventory and stock.
- Develops and calculates timely and cost effective trim solutions by utilizing accumulated knowledge of customer requirements, mill parameters, and business strategies. Overall objective is to maximize machine productivity, generate optimum mill profitability, and maintain highest level of customer service.
- Manages and control finished goods and in-process inventory levels. Responsible for disposition of salvage inventory. Advises and recommends changes to management based upon daily signals from marketplace. Adjust backlogs and inventory levels to keep mill in good service position.
- Participates in specific business projects as needed.
Required Skills & Competencies:
- 2 years prior planning experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong problem solving skills
- Leadership qualities
- Ability to handle high-visibility or sensitive accounts
- Ability to work with all levels of management
- Ability to work independently
- B.S/B.A degree from a four-year accredited college or university.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.