Job Type: Full-time
Location: Plant City, FL
Post Date: 1/1/1970
**We are only considering Internal Applicants only at this time.**
The Sealing Process Leader position is responsible for leading hourly team members on shift in order to meet the safety, environmental compliance, quality, scrap minimization and productivity, as well as to meet customer delivery dates. The position has direct responsibility for building, documenting and implementing standard work certification processes and other elements of Work System Enhancements (WSE); has direct and meaningful impact on the systems and frameworks through which our team members work and make business decisions.
1. Ensure all team members are knowledgeable of and adhere to Evergreen Packaging safety policies and procedures, as well as OSHA regulations.
2. Organize, manage, and direct the activities of team members assigned on shift to meet production goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
3. Verify and approve work hours and pay rates utilizing the Kronos timekeeping systems.
4. Responsible for effective team member relations. Provides team member coaching and development. Resolve team member issues through problem resolution. Ensure team members have proper training and tools to meet department goals.
5. Meet production goals by balancing quality, productivity, performance, cost, safety, environmental, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas of the department.
6. Work with other departments, shifts and direct reports to achieve team attitude among crews and peers.
7. Check work areas for safety hazards; conduct weekly safety meetings with department team members.
8. Communicate the status of orders schedule
9. Organize departmental clean-ups
10. Communicate with Quality Assurance Manager concerning all issues affecting quality (side seams, skiving issues, mixed loads, etc.).
11. Provide products and services that consistently meet the mutually agreed upon specifications of both our internal and external customers.
12. Ensure that all requirements of the SQF Code are being administered and adhered to.
13. Implement and maintain quality systems that ensure procedures and processes are in place to provide products that meet manufacturing specifications and customer requirements; provide tools for educating team members on quality standards and specifications for packaging; standardize quality test procedures and interpretation of results throughout the division; create a foundation and mechanism for process monitoring and continuous improvement.
14. Involve team members in continuously improving the quality of our products and services, and the efficiency of operations and staff activities throughout the business.
15. Leading quality improvement activities within their respective organizations.
16. Responsible for assuring that the products produced within each manufacturing facility are safe and comply with all applicable federal, state, and international laws, regulations, and guidelines.
17. Responsible for compliance with and adherence to all established good manufacturing practices, food safety plans and all applicable regulations and guidelines.
1. A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
2. Ability to develop crew through technical training, interpersonal skills and team building skills.
3. Focused on our safety culture and committed to maintaining safety awareness for crew
4. Results driven
5. High energy
6. Organizational design, LEAN and Business planning skills
7. Problem solving skills
8. Initiate and manage change
9. Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and team member relations.
10. Must have an intense curiosity in not just manufacturing processes, but also in understanding and action upon the process of people.
11. Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
12. Ability to manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure.
13. Strong team player.
14. Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product.
15. Knowledge of business and management principles.
16. Computer literate.
17. Knowledge of Food Safety Requirements.
18. Ability to interpret and administer the SQF Code.
1. 3+ years Manufacturing experience.
2. 5 years flame sealer experience preferred.
3. Experience in Flexographic or Process Printing preferred.
4. Proven leadership skills (i.e. set up process leader, task team leader etc.)
5. Experience in Paper Converting Process preferred.
To be considered eligible for the selection process, please note the following criteria.
• Those that are on a PIP, corrective action plan, or written warning will not be eligible.
• Candidates must have held their current position a minimum of 12 months.
• Completed monthly SBO goals in the previous 12 months.
Evergreen Packaging may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Video: Join Our Team