Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Manage and lead the hourly electrical/instrument hourly employees on the day shift in the Paper and Board department to meet the safety, environmental, production, maintenance downtime, quality and cost goals of the Paper, Board and Maintenance departments. This position is also responsible for labor relations, maintenance downtime, productivity, quality, cost improvement, and performance measurements of the Maintenance department.
- Manage, direct, and coordinate the activities of the E&I hourly employees engaged in maintenance activities in the Paper and Board departments assigned on the day shift to meet production needs.
- Provide troubleshooting support for the E/I group as related to PLC’s, DC and AC Frequency Drives, controls, etc.
- Ensure all hourly E&I employees are trained, knowledgeable and adhere to mill safety policies and regulations.
- Coordinate with Paper and Board departments in preparing maintenance outage and daily work schedules, including daily preventative maintenance work schedules.
- Responsible for effective employee relations and provide coaching/training for the E&I hourly employees. Resolve personal and contractual issues through problem resolution or the union contract language.
- Insure that proper training and tools are available for the E&I hourly employees. Provide technical assistance as needed.
- Must have a four year degree from an accredited university.
- Six to eight years industrial experience in Electrical Supervision and Troubleshooting experience.
- Must be a good trainer and developer of hourly employees.
- Knowledge of PLC’s, Motor Control centers, DC Motors, AC Motors, Frequency Drives
- Understand Industry Standard practices for electrical Preventive Maintenance as related to transformers, drives, motors, breakers, and switchgears
- Prior work experience in an hourly work force in a union work environment.
- Electrical Engineering degree.
- Prior work experience in supervising an hourly work force in a union work environment.
- Industrial work experience with Allen-Bradley PLC-5, Control Logix and Reliance Automate.
- Industrial work experience with Foxboro I/A Distributive Control System.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.