Operations & Maintenance Coordinator - Recovery/Utilities
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Coordinate the operations and maintenance activities of the Recovery department to ensure safe and efficient utilization of these resources to meet safety, environmental, production, quality, and cost goals of the Recovery department and the Canton Mill.
- Daily lead to the department in all aspects of safety.
- Responsible for coordination of maintenance activities between the operating group and maintenance.
- Daily monitor the process and assist with the operations in managing the overall process to minimize operating costs while maintaining all quality and environmental goals.
- Work with the area maintenance planner and foreman to manage, prioritize, plan and schedule the maintenance backlog for the department.
- Assist shift managers with work order entry in SAP.
- Ensure the safe planning of routine work by reviewing and modifying the specific lockout requirements for the job.
- Work with area maintenance superintendent to lead implementation of Asset Reliability Program.
- Put together and publish the weekly operators schedule.
- Coordinate the operator training program.
- Assist in managing the operations and maintenance budget for the Recovery department.
- Review safety backlog and maintenance budgets weekly.
- Develop and write all outage timelines, work lists and activities.
- Work as a team with crews, peers, and supervisors to drive Manufacturing Excellence and 5S programs.
- Establish and maintain a system to provide feedback to the crews on safety concerns and safety work orders as well as performance feedback to the crews.
- Stay up to date on Recovery Boiler updates form AF&PA, BLARBAC and other sources that focus on safe operations of Recovery Boilers in the pulp and paper industry.
- Fill in for the Recovery Area Superintendent when needed.
- Must have at least five years of experience in Recovery area (operations or maintenance)
- B.S. degree in Engineering.
- Must be familiar with current computer programs, Word, Excel, SAP, PowerPoint, Etc.
- Must be able to lead and influence people.
- Must possess good communication skills.
- Must have a working knowledge of Recovery Boilers, Evaporators, Lime Kilns, Causticizing, equipment operation, troubleshooting skills and DCS / PLC equipment.
- Must have an understanding of the safety and environmental obligations of the Recovery area.
- Should have an understanding of the business aspects of the Recovery area.
- Should be self-motivated and interested in continuous growth and development.
- Should understand Recovery Area’s influence on overall mill and company performance.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.