Site Support Analyst
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Date: 5/11/2017
Ensures the efficient operation of the IT Infrastructure. Monitors server, network, desktops, phones and software applications to ensure our customers can access company systems as needed.
The Level II analyst performs the following responsibilities at the experienced level:
- Installs, administers and maintains operating systems, and associated system software, including upgrades, preventative and corrective maintenance through the change management process and within scheduled maintenance windows on a global basis.
- Monitors vendors’ support facilities for hardware and software updates and recommends and implements maintenance to keep systems current and well within vendors’ support requirements.
- Provides for system continuity by developing backup and recovery processes and procedures to support recovery from hardware and application failures.
- Provides level II incident and problem management with responsibility for resolution and root cause analysis of complex hardware and software issues within Service Level Agreements.
- Monitors, maintains, and reports system availability within Service Level Agreements.
- Builds knowledge of IT Infrastrucure.
- Assists with the development of new and modification of exisiting procedures and clearly communicates such procedures and developments to other data processing personnel.
- Demonstrates customer service attitude and work ethic.
The Level II analyst performs the following responsibilities as a developing set of skills:
- Monitors and evaluates system performance and perform tuning functions to achieve optimal system efficiency and throughput.
- Monitors and evaluates system capacity through analysis and/or trends and to make upgrade recommendations.
- Interfaces and cooperates with business and applications support teams and regional infrastructure functions including operations, network, and Service Desk as required.
- Participates in development of computer policies while understanding the business impact of said policies.
- Maintains familiarity with security policies for the Wintel Platform per policy established by IT Security.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability for 7 days per month may be required.
- Travel up to 10% may be required.
- Responsibilities may require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advance notice.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer or infrastructure components.
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings.
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers, servers, and peripherals.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT plus four (4) years of experience in the different areas.
- Associates’s degree in IT plus five (5) years of experience in the different areas.
- Professional certification plus six (6) years of experience in the different areas.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Excellent knowledge of PC operating systems.
- Excellent hardware and software troubleshooting experience.
- Excellent technical knowledge of current hardware and software standards.
- Experience in overseeing the design and implementation of hardware, software, and related products.
- Experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Experience with core software applications, such as Exchange, SharePoint, Citrix, and VMWare.
- Experience with network hardware and configuration.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
GEC Packaging Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.