Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Date: 1/1/1970
This role is a developmental role that will support the Corporate Finance Department, reporting to the Corporate Accounting Manager, in a variety of areas including general accounting, financial reporting, and cash reporting. Specifically, this position will provide assistance with preparing journal entries, monthly closing activities, balance sheet account reconciliations, various accounting analysis, preparation of various governmental compliance filings, and some analytic activities for financial reporting.
Assisting in all aspects of general accounting including the following:
- Month-end closing activities
- General ledger journal entry posting including providing proper support
- Bank account reconciliations
- Invoicing for corporate intercompany transactions
- Monthly balance sheet account reconciliations providing proper support, documentation, and identifying and posting any reconciling items
- Various general ledger account analytics
- Comply with financial policies and procedures in accordance with SOX
- Prepare various governmental compliance filings.
Preparation of cash reporting schedules.
Review open purchase orders for Corporate SG&A departments to keep current and updated.
Provide support for SOX compliance and internal auditors as needed.
Assisting in various aspects of external financial statement reporting including the following:
- Various financial analytics
- Preparation of financial reporting packages
- Prepare schedules and provide support for external auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Special projects
- Assist with annual budget and forecast preparation of corporate expenses
- B.S. from Board of Regents State Accredited four-year college or university with concentration in accounting.
- Strong understanding of normal accounting terminology and account attributes.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and analytical skills. Prefer Excel skills to include macros, pivot tables, filters, charts, and built-in functions.
- Experience with ERP/accounting systems software, preferably SAP/Oracle.
- Ability to adjust readily to change and adapt as needed.
- Excellent communication skills including presentation, speaking, and writing abilities.
- Ability to effectively communicate within cross-functional teams throughout the organization.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Ability to identify areas of risk/concern in area of responsibility.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently.
- One plus year(s) of professional work experience required.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.