Service Delivery Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Date: 6/26/2017
The Service Delivery Manager oversees a number of key functions within the IT department that enable the delivery of a high quality service to end users, and to ensure Service Support and Service Delivery processes are in place to meet business needs. This position is a stakeholder facing role and requires the ability to establish and manage expectations within the business and drive the Service Delivery Team to achieve those expectations to a high standard.
- Maintain high performing service support functions including IT Service Desk, Desktop Support, System Administration, IT Procurement, and VIP Support.
- Owner of the Incident, Request, and Escalation processes, ensuring high levels of performance in these processes, accurate reporting, and establishing service improvement activities when required.
- Monitor, control, and support service delivery; ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are in place and followed.
- Manage service and support-related projects and develop a strong understanding of projects impacting the service delivery areas; ensuring service impact is minimized and agreed upon.
- Be accountable for the quality of service and performance, ensuring future demand from growth and projects is understood and factored into capacity plans for all associated systems.
- Drive internal and third party service review meetings covering performance, service improvements, quality, and processes.
- Partner with IT leadership endorsing and initiating system and process improvements that enhance, secure or stabilize the existing environments.
Performance & Quality
- Make recommendations for Service Improvement Plans and ensure actions are followed to completion in a timely manner.
- Work with internal and third party teams to ensure actions are taken and completed to protect and improve services.
- Provide regular and accurate management reporting on IT Service Delivery performance.
- Effectively manage staff including recruitment, mentoring, training, target setting, and performance assessment.
Be an ambassador for IT, working across the business to provide effective communication on IT matters and build relationships with other teams to ensure effective dialogue between departments.
Strategy & Planning
- Assist in the development of IT strategy for the Service Delivery team and its customers.
- Work with team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Research and investigation of new service-oriented technologies which may offer advantage to the organization.
- Acquisition & Deployment
- Assist in managing capital and operational budgets for IT.
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to justify making implementation decisions.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
Formal Education & Certification
- College diploma or university degree in computer science or similar field and 10+ years of relevant work experience.
Knowledge & Experience
- 5+ years of managing information technology professionals.
- Proven experience in managing large IT projects.
- Experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
Knowledge of ITIL principles.
- Takes ownership and accountability.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
GEC Packaging Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.