Wastewater Laboratory Supervisor
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 6/29/2017
Assist in managing the wastewater treatment plant and laboratory services to continuously improve operations to effectively support mill operations, meet environmental requirements, and provide NPDES, by-products, and process control testing that meets our customers’ needs in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Supervise the activities of the WWTP laboratory and assist in the operation (as Back-up ORC) of the plant to ensure environmental, health, and safety guidelines set forth by the State of North Carolina and Evergreen Packaging are met.
- Ensure that all regulatory sampling, testing, quality assurance, and record keeping requirements are met.
- Ensure all employees are knowledgeable of and adhere to mill safety policies and regulations.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and management of the capital plan, maintenance plan, and annual operating plan. Reviewing financial data on a monthly basis to ensure spending targets are met.
- Participate in the purchase of or acquisition of new laboratory equipment.
- Preferred B.S. Degree in Environmental Studies or Natural Sciences
- 5 years experience in the field of wastewater treatment in a Grade III or IV facility.
- North Carolina Grade III or IV Biological Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator Certification.
- Ability to firmly, yet positively, lead hourly workforce toward a total safety culture (TargetZero).
- Administer discipline as necessary.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in areas of quality, productivity, and cost.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Must have a valid NC driver’s license.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.