Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 6/30/2017
- Manage dock flow to increase efficiency at DC
- Balances daily load schedule
- Manages carrier base to accommodate load priorities
- Resolves freight discrepancies and freight adjustments for rail and truck
- Assign driver to dock door and take keys upon drivers return to the window
- Manage incoming DC calls and fax requests
- Follow up on refinished rolls
- Update log in vehicle screen comments for accuracy
- Primary contact for Carriers
- Incumbent to be the daily contact person between Drivers, and the DC
- Informs PS&D Management, Customer Service and TMC in the resolution of daily issues (late deliveries, appointment reschedule issues, customer dis-satisfaction issues)
- Responsible for communicating with Canton carriers concerning daily issues
- Communicate with PS&D management concerning carrier failures issues, carrier recommendations, recommendations of logistics improvements/changes.
- Communicate with PS&D management concerning ‘hot’ loads, peak shipping days, other logistics issues as they arise
- An undergraduate degree (BA/BS) is required.
- Leadership skills with demonstrated ability to achieve results through others
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong team player
- Strong analytical skills
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.