Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 7/3/2017
Manage the daily shipping, board loading and, warehousing activities in Canton for the Product Services Department.
Specific Job Activities:
- Direct the Canton shipping, board loading and, warehousing operations so that customer service and production are maximized.
- Provide leadership in workplace culture and departmental safety performance
- Establish cost control and budget direction for areas of responsibility.
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Service on service level enhancements
- Manage forklift fleet requirements and stay up to date as new capabilities come on line.
- Participate and support departmental Manufacturing Excellence initiatives
- Provide technical assistance and reports to sales, production, accounting, systems and other areas as needed. Assist in developing training for the various areas.
- Collaborate with the customer service and carrier partners on daily and weekly load balance. Daily monitoring of shipments planned for current and upcoming days.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the business (customer requirements, operational requirements, and carrier capabilities)
- A BA/BS degree is REQUIRED
- Supervisory skills
- Communication skills both active and inactive
- Knowledge of inventory practices and procedures
- Knowledge of production planning systems and procedures
- Knowledge of Transportation policies
- Knowledge of warehousing policies and procedures
- Knowledge of the OptiVISION system
- Ability to work alone or in a team environment as necessary
- Knowledge of labor agreement and EEOC regulations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Management experience
- Previous labor relations experience is a plus
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.