Credit and Collections Analyst
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Lancaster, PA
Post Date: 7/13/2017
The Credit & Collections Analyst is responsible for the implementation, direction, and coordination of credit and collections policies, procedures and operations. Primary scope of responsibility is daily Accounts Receivable collection efforts. The position is responsible for a multi-million dollar receivable portfolio and must safeguard the company’s interest without compromising the customer’s goodwill.
Has experience in working with payment plans, customer negotiations and dealing with high volume discrepancies that warrant investigations that warrant in depth investigations and process improvements. This individual must have commercial experience.
- Help design, implement and continuously improve to the collection process to maximize external customer satisfaction while not exposing the account to collection risk.
- Provide support to internal customers (Sales Service Reps, Account Managers and General Managers) through meaningful metrics, standard reports, credit evaluation, and collections trends and strategies.
- Monitors US & International AR aging reports for daily progression and discrepant investigations
- Expedite collection of all accounts receivables. Routine follow-up is essential functions.
- Remove roadblocks through cooperative problem resolution and relationship building.
- Ensure payment remittances are received, processed and posted in a timely and accurate manner. Collaboratively works closely with the AR Cash Applications to ensure payments or credits on account that are not processed, are researched and resolved timely.
- Helps collect data for meaningful metrics of collection cost, quality, and cycle time that provides insight into operational efficiency forming the basis for continuous improvement.
- Monitors and tracks receivables metrics and with the ability to update spreadsheets.
- Tracks, publishes and updates KPIs. Communicates and initiates regularly scheduled meetings with Sales Service Reps & Account Managers to advise, on customer standings, needed customer reviews and possible needed action plans to resolve credit problems.
- Accesses and understands D&B commercial business reporting
- Analyzes data and reports with the purpose of driving results, understanding and improving delinquency to reduce outstanding DSO and A/R balances.
- Provides credit related commentary and input to C&C Manager in customer decisions
- Places phones calls and emails to customers and documents the clearly outcome of these communications
- Willingness to cross-train and backup essential functions and other teammates
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance preferred
- Five + years of credit and collections experience
- Working knowledge of SAP business system software is strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (word processing and spreadsheets, PowerPoint) a plus
- Knowledgeable and comfortable in creditworthiness
- Bilingual applicants are strongly encouraged to apply (Spanish, English)
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong initiative to drive process improvement
- Well organized and detail/task oriented
- Exposure to domestic and international collections a plus
Core Proficiencies and Skills
The Credit & Collections Analysts are required to interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- This position requires someone that is energetic, eager to learn, process improvement driven, works well with others, self-initiated and has a level of experience in dealing with large customers on a commercial level. Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability it work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Graham Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
Graham Packaging is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any Graham Packaging employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Graham Packaging. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.