Process & Product Development Engineer
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 1/1/1970
The Process & Product Development Engineer provides technical support for both the paper and board production areas in Canton and Waynesville to meet the process and product development engineering needs of our businesses. The role is potentially involved in daily troubleshooting, quality control, customer issues, financial analysis, process and product improvement, new product development, capital projects, and administrative duties. The ideal candidate will be technically oriented, detailed in approach, work well with people at all levels in the organization, and promotable to management positions in the company after building background and experience in our business. This position will report to the Manager of Quality Systems and Technical at Canton/Waynesville.
- Review production quality and key process parameters and report out at daily production meetings. Assist Production Management in identifying and solving issues that prevent the organization from meeting the goals.
- Provide support to the organization on financial analysis for grade development and cost control of existing business.
- Interfaces with Customers, Sales Professionals, and the Customer Service organization to see that the needs of our customers are met.
- Assist in ensuring required testing, certifications, and all regulatory aspects of the paper and board making and extruding operations are met.
- Provide support and oversight in managing the Canton/Waynesville grade specifications to be sure they are accurate and utilized in the operation.
- Addresses issues impacting performance expeditiously getting outside resources involved as needed.
- Communicates to all levels of the organization as needed and participates with personnel from other areas of the mill to coordinate activities.
- Assists with any EPI organization activities as needed at the direction of the Area Manager.
- Technical BS degree with application to the paper industry.
- 1 year experience in the paper or board industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization in a team setting to solve problems.
- Able to work well with customers, vendors, and other resources outside the mill to meet the goals of the EPI organization.
- Organized approach to work and ability to deal with multiple competing priorities to make appropriate decisions.
- Able to convey a sense of urgency and drive to perform within the organization.
- 2 - 6 years of experience in the paper or board industry with a technical understanding of papermaking equipment and processes.
- QA/QC system knowledge in a paper or board business.
- Paper or board converting knowledge.
- High leadership potential with the ability and the desire to be promoted in the organization.
- Experience managing development and/or process projects.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.