Job Type: Full-time
Location: Plant City, FL
Post Date: 1/1/1970
This position will be considered a developmental role that is a precursor to future Leadership opportunities. The Graphics Analyst will be responsible for directly understanding and supporting the Pre-Press and Customer Color Management requirements. This position will directly support the printing area through training Team Leaders and Printing Team members on color management.
This position will provide support to the Printing Team in an effort to identify color management systems, implement these systems, and provide overall improvements in color management workflow in prepress and printing areas and be responsible for working directly with Customers on color management specifications. Color management will include instrumentation, color specifications, color control and color verification. The position will directly support the Prepress Team Leader, manufacturing projects and other duties as determined by Production Team Leader.
- Review the current state of color management system capability and provide an action plan to meet Customer requirements.
- Implement and maintain printing systems that ensure procedures and processes are in place to provide products that meet manufacturing specifications and customer requirements.
- Justify and procure instrumentation, equipment and tools required after a thorough printing equipment evaluation.
- Ensure Team Leaders and operators have proper training and tools to meet area goals for color measurement.
- Provide tools for educating team members on printing standards and specifications for packaging; standardize test procedures and interpretation of results throughout the printing area; create a foundation and mechanism for process monitoring and continuous improvement.
- Use Lean Kaizen process to achieve throughput improvements, waste reduction and continuous process improvements in the Printing area.
- Work with operators to achieve numerical color targets and involve Team Members in continuously improving print quality and establish best practices.
- Develop skills to meet production goals by balancing quality, productivity, performance, cost, safety, environmental, and morale to achieve positive results in all areas of the area. Lead quality improvement activities within the printing area.
- Conduct color tests for all printing Team Members.
- Coordinate with the Pre-Press Team Leader on finger printing the equipment and update ICC profiles.
- Develop skills for effective Team Member relations, to provide Team Member coaching and development, and to resolve Team Member issues through problem resolution.
- Check work areas for safety hazards and confront Team Members on unsafe behavior.
- B.S. degree in Media Arts and Technology or Graphics Communication degree preferred
- 3+ years Manufacturing experience preferred
- Has strong technical skills and abilities in Printing
- Experience with Lean Kaizen on waste and continuous improvement projects a plus
- Must demonstrate understanding of densitometer/spectrophotometer functions and theory
- Prepress and plate making process experience preferred
- Demonstrate the ability to match or detect differences between colors, including shades of color and brightness (Color test may be given)
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate color and color theory with customers, vendors and printing professionals
- Has strong leadership abilities and is able to hold team members accountable
- Has the ability to build positive relationships with other team leaders, process leaders, and the entire Plant City Team
- Willing to travel
- Able to work in a Manufacturing environment
- Has demonstrated that he or she can be objective and treat others with dignity and respect
- Demonstrate understanding of the lithography printing process
- Proficient in printing prepress software and business software (Microsoft office) Proficient with Adobe illustrator
- A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others
- Results driven
- Establish and maintain credibility
- Ability to pay close attention to detail, prioritize multiple tasks and possess excellent follow-up skills
- High energy
- Organizational design, LEAN, Kaizen and Business planning skills
- Problem solving skills
- Initiate and manage change
- Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and Team Member relations
- Must have an intense curiosity in not just manufacturing processes, but also in understanding and action upon the process of people
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work well under pressure
- Strong team player
- Computer literate
- Must be able to work independently and think proactively with minimal daily guidance
- Must be self directed with excellent people skills
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work in excess of 40 hours per week with no notice
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.