Area Manager - Paper Machine #19
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 7/24/2017
The Area Manager provides leadership and management in all areas of the #19 Board Machine. This role is accountable for department goals aligned to safety, quality, cost, environmental compliance, and production. The Area Manager is responsible for the performance of the operations personnel assigned to the area, including the Maintenance & Operations Coordinator, Shift Managers, and hourly employees. The ideal candidate will be technically oriented, detailed in approach, work well with people at all levels in the organization, and promotable to management positions in the company after building background and experience in our business.
- Directly accountable for the performance of the area and the success of the Team Members in meeting goals for safety, quality, cost, environmental compliance, and production. Must be able to work with minimum supervision and make decisions to meet performance requirements on a daily basis.
- Monitor and manage the development of employees in the area.
- Responsible for setting direction, identify priorities, coordinating the activities of other departments as it relates to the area performance, and manage the operating budget for the area.
- Address issues impacting performance expeditiously and getting outside resources involved as needed.
- Communicate to all levels of the organization as needed and participate with Area Managers from other areas of the mill to coordinate activities.
- Assist with any EPI organizational activities as needed in coordination with the Business Unit Manager.
- Administer policies and procedures within Company and legal guidelines. Coach work group to adapt to new ways of performing work.
- Manage costs by tracking expenses using monthly reports. Provide input into projected plans, conduct cost analysis and utilize cost factors to effectively make sound decisions, while identifying gaps.
- Schedule work for the daily activities of the groups to maximize available resources.
- BS Degree preferred with 5-7 years’ experience in a Leadership/Supervisor role.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ experience in paper mill or forest products facility. Consideration will be given for experiences in other similar industrial fields.
- Ability to adapt to a variety of conditions and technical challenges.
- Ability to build and manage a budget and schedule.
- Good communication & computer skills in Microsoft Office. PI, Proficy, and other programs are a plus.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization in a team setting.
- Organized approach to work and ability to deal with multiple competing priorities to make appropriate decisions.
- Able to convey a sense of urgency and drive to perform to the organization.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.