Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 7/24/2017
Manage all activities associated with employee health and safety at the Canton, Waynesville and Pioneer facilities. This position is responsible for managing all safety compliance, security, employee health monitoring, chemical and radiological safety, and industrial hygiene activities.
- Manage and direct department safety initiatives to meet overall Mill and/or Corporate safety objectives.
- Ensure all employees are provided knowledge of mill safety policies and regulations as required.
- Manage contract security.
- Develop and issue required LMS compliance and other safety training modules to employees to ensure acquired understanding. Generate reports as needed.
- Manage contractor safety qualification within ISN.
- Work with all departments by using manufacturing excellence tools to improve area safety performance (Kaizen, Diagnostic events, Value Stream Mapping, incident investigations, etc.).
- Actively participates in all Process Safety Management and Risk Management Plan activities.
- Manage Incident investigations workflow in Intelex V6.
- Authorize, prepare and ship DOT hazardous material samples.
- Manage site DHS compliance.
- Manage the Mill’s Radiation Safety Program.
- Represent the company with regulatory agencies including but not limited to the NCDOL-OSHA, Homeland Security, and others.
- B/A or B/S degree required - preferred discipline is occupational safety/health degree
- Direct experience with facility security and medical management
- High level of computer skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- High degree of customer focused service orientation
- Ability to work within a joint union-management collaborative environment
- Cross trained in various emergency response disciplines to include IC level or 24-Hour Hazmat.
- Experience managing a radioactive material license for sealed sources
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.