Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pine Bluff, AR
Post Date: 1/1/1970
This position is responsible for helping the development, implementation, and sustaining of reliability plans and programs to reduce unscheduled equipment downtime and improve overall process reliability. The position requires strong technical skills. The prospective candidate should have the ability to manage several assignments that span multiple engineering disciplines, with the primary focus on mechanical engineering. The ideal candidate will be technically oriented, detailed in approach, work well with people at all levels in the organization, and will be promotable to management positions in the company after building background and experience in our business.
- Develop, implement, improve and manage new and existing equipment predictive and preventive maintenance programs.
- Work with RCFA (Root Cause Failure Analysis) process to identify root cause and implement corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure the correct preventive maintenance work orders are in place to drive reliability and work with the vibration analysis team to take corrective actions around component repairs.
- Troubleshoot chronic issues and develop action plans to minimize impact on equipment availability.
- Work with the Maintenance team to develop, implement and sustain reliability best practices to reduce unscheduled maintenance downtime and costs.
- Assist in development and utilization of key reliability metrics to consistently measure performance.
- Review and critique outage and PM execution to identify obstacles and recommend improvements.
- Assist with major equipment work scopes for bidding purposes and continue to refine/detail the scope of work.
- BS is Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college or university is required
- Requires 1 to 2 years of maintenance engineering experience in a manufacturing environment with pulp and paper industry experience being the preference
- Highly self-motivated, but able to work with teams
- Superior computer skills (MS Office, PI, Proficy, SAP, etc.)
- Willingness to teach and train others
- Proven leadership skills
- Good interpersonal & communications skills
- Positive attitude toward workplace safety
- Strong time management skills
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.