Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Program Managers have the overall responsibility for program management of finance projects and their control. They manage all activities related to an assigned project or program, to ensure complete delivery of scope, within budget and within the agreed timeline. The primary duties of a Program Manager include:
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Business owner for managing and illuminating the portfolio of projects across GEC Packaging Technologies.
- Provide strategy, leadership and direction for program management to include (1) establishing governance (2) development and delivery of communication requirements (3) financial validation of projects (4) project monitoring and enablement (5) identifying, assessing and managing risks, and (5) aligning leadership support.
- Continuously interface with project management leads and teams within each business. Lead project meetings to proactively monitor progress, resolve issues and initiate corrective actions, and drive projects to completion within specified timelines and budgets.
- Provide oversight of risks and issues across the portfolio of projects; identify and enable corrective actions
- Coordinate change management needs to enable effective change and realization of projected benefits for the projects.
- Facilitate the ongoing assessment of the portfolio of projects to determine viability or cancellation.
- Manage both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects. Streamline/consolidates projects and resources as needed.
- Provide executive team with a clear, visible scorecard on the portfolio of projects across GEC Packaging Technologies; specifically reporting progress, risks/obstacles, solutions and financial validation metrics.
- Manage program budget. Monitor and illuminate projects’ expenditures and costs against delivered and realized benefits as the program progresses.
- Assess capital requirements and deploy resources as needed within appropriate guidelines.
- Evaluate and develop business cases for third party consulting needs when subject matter expertise and/or acceleration of project(s) becomes necessary.
- May own and personally manage specific, key projects.
Skills and Competencies
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Executive presence
- Ability to influence, create alignment, and drives results through teams
- High level of business and financial acumen
- Effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Manage ambiguity effectively
- Technical accuracy
- Skilled at managing complexity
- Provides sound business case development
- Ability to define resource needs and utilize those resources effectively
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Change management
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or Program Management related field. An MBA is preferred.
- 7+ years Project/Program Management experience with large, complex projects.
- Packaging industry experience preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in project management tools (MS Project, SharePoint, etc.) .
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
GEC Packaging Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
GEC Packaging Technologies is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any GEC Packaging Technologies employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of GEC Packaging Technologies. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.