Organizational Design and Operations Director
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Date: 8/15/2017
GEC Packaging Technologies (GEC) is making a global investment in implementing a participative Lean Operations model across its businesses. In this journey, the company is looking for high potential talent that can drive value creation; building a culture of problem solving and continuous improvement that focuses on participation and high employee engagement. This role is responsible for leading, promoting and facilitating the successful implementations and execution of an operations platform, which includes an hourly certification/pay for skills program across a broad organization. The major pillars of this model are work system design, participative problem-solving, and OEM. This position will partner with group presidents, business leaders and plant teams to apply tools, processes and frameworks that builds a high performance work culture, drives sustained continuous improvement and business results. The position will provide feedback on the progress for the various initiatives into the business unit leadership teams as well as the global team on a regular basis. This position will be evaluated through the successful implementation and realization of sustainable results for that scope.
- Design and implement a hourly certification (pay for skills) programs (may be one or multiple depending on the needs) across the enterprise.
- Coach, mentor and develop site Leaders, and operations leadership in identified operations principles, practices and tools.
- Partner with Human Resources professionals to drive change towards a participative, engaging and strong ownership workplace culture.
- Contribute to developing and enhancing the operations platform through workshops, team meetings, and other communication channels.
- Develop a strategic transformation portfolio for each business unit in scope, including sizing and managing them successfully over time.
- Spearhead and sustain the business intelligence platform that enables the common tools and processes.
- Conduct governance reviews with identified site Lean Leaders, CCE and operations heads on regular basis.
- Drive continuously improving results by leveraging Lean principles, practices and tools, consulting skills, and change management process.
- Assist business unit leadership & site Lean Leaders in the development of a Lean transformation roadmap
- Ensure productive kaizen events through leading and coaching teams
- Implement operational balanced scorecard (safety, quality, delivery and productivity) for the designated scope
- Promote and facilitate diagnosis of work flow impediments and other wastes throughout the business, and provide expert counsel on appropriate tools to eliminate them
- Promote and facilitate development in various Lean tools, lean operations, and kaizen leadership
- Drive best practices across sites and globally across regions.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Academic undergraduate degree is required, preferably in Industrial Engineering or Operational equivalent. MBA Preferred
- Formal Lean training and certification required, with Six Sigma Black Belt certification preferred
- Experience in designing and implementing certification/pay for skills program for manufacturing hourly employees
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in deploying/implementing Lean transformations in manufacturing environment. Extensive ability to design, develop and implement a Lean transformation roadmap.
- Experience in managing a team. Ability to identify and manage a cross-functional group of geographically distributed Lean Leaders across multiple sites
- Ability to accurately assess key business metrics and situations from a “general manager’s” point of view
- Consultative approach and experience with change management
- Strong communication and influencing skills and the ability to work successfully with all levels of the organization
- Excellent strong training and facilitation, problem solving, time and project management skills
- Highly self-motivated, enthusiastic and ability to create followership, and lives the “continuous improvement” philosophy and can drive change successfully, and constantly challenges others to strive for improvement
- Logical and creative thinker, with demonstrated ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment, and with strong result orientation - has track record for delivering results, takes ownership & is accountable
- Good writing and presentation skills
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Willingness to travel extensively (approximately 75%)
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
GEC Packaging Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES:
GEC Packaging Technologies is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for any job postings on this site. Resumes submitted to any GEC Packaging Technologies employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of GEC Packaging Technologies. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for a position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.