Production Team Member
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Athens, GA
Post Date: 8/15/2017
- Complies with facility safety requirements by adhering to proper PPE rules by wearing hairnets, beard nets, ear plugs, gloves, aprons, safety glasses, steel toed safety shoes and any other items required for working safely on the job.
- Confirms correct cartons by reviewing “Item Description” on WIP “Sorting Release Form” with actual cartons on pallet.
- Enters WIP ticket into WinTerm by scanning ticket with barcode reader.
- Follow “lock out/tag out” procedure by applying lock to lever to prevent accidental machine start up.
- Prepare cartons for feeding into machine by manually restacking stacks to ensure that cartons feed properly.
- Remove build-up from water bar by scraping with small handheld scraper.
- Adjust lift height by manually pressing the lift up or down button on machine control panel.
- Discard scrap materials by placing it in trash bins marked “scrap cartons only”container.
- Maintain cleanliness of machine by blowing off dust with air hose.
- Start or stop machine sealer by pressing sealer power buttons on machine display.
- Start stack of cartons into feeder by holding first stack with hand to ensure proper feeding in guide ears, support bar, and retard bar.
- Assist inspector with quality inspection by placing sample cartons into feed box.
- Handle carton miss feeds by pressing button to stop feed.
- Notify operator that the feeding process is beginning by pressing button to
- illuminate red light on machine.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area by sweeping and picking up cartons during changeover
and at end of the shift.
- Assist with general facility cleanup by sweeping areas or using air hose to blow off lights and equipment.
- Turn over the top few cartons to show white “back side” on WIP pallet.
- Complete Sealer Production Information Form by documenting the item number, feedcount, downtime, downtime code and description.
- Start or stop conveyor on machine by pressing conveyor start or stop button.
- Stop machine when problems are noted with carton stock by pressing machine stop button.
- Communicate changeover to head operator by informing them when changeover carton is sent through sealer.
- Check cartons for correct printing by visually confirming that printing is clear and positioned correctly on all four sides.
- Check color print alignment by visually noting that the “bulls eye” symbol at the top of the carton is printed crisply and in position.
- Perform quality review of printed cartons by closely inspecting cartons for proper print quality, color quality, shade differences, and alignment.
- Check to ensure that all colors are printed on cartons by visually checking colors printed with colors listed on carton.
- Indicate “Changeover” by placing pink changeover carton on top of current order.
- Document housekeeping duties performed by completing daily housekeeping form.
- Respond to maintenance issues by contacting head operator.
- Remove tie sheet by lifting it from pallet and place in bin.
- Check to ensure that all codes on the carton are represented correctly on the production WIP ticket by visually comparing information from both areas.
- Determine number of cartons sealed by subtracting number of stacks remaining from the total number of stacks indicated on full pallet (when problem occurs).
- Request movement of unusable carton stock by communicating with the inspector.
- Record number of cartons placed in feed by recording item number and feed count on Sealer Production Information Form.
- Prepare downtime report at end of shift by calculating downtime information gathered from runtime clock and machine downtime information.
- Reset the grabber counter by pressing digital display buttons on side of machine.
- Completes filling the box by placing additional stacks of cartons until box is full.
- Pack first stack of cartons by pushing up from lead end with one hand then using the other to find the stack end while pressing the stack together move them into box.
- Put center sheet into position by leaning it against first stack of cartons.
- Retrieve new box by grabbing it from empty box storage shelf.
- Retrieve second stack of cartons by placing them on the other side of the box and center sheet thus completing the bottom layer.
- Fold ends of box into position by reaching forward and pulling down box then pushing bottom box flap forward.
- Fold box sides in by folding side flaps to the center of the box.
- Move box into position for filling by flipping box right side up and folding down top sides to hold it in the packing jig.
- Place a layer separator on each side of center sheet by removing from storage area and laying onto first and second stacks of cartons.
- Place divider sheet in box by removing from center storage area.
- Position rotated box onto conveyor by pushing it directly away from packing station.
- Rotate box by lifting slightly and spinning box 90 degrees.
- Prepare the bottom of the box by standing upright and folding down flaps to form bottom of box.
- Reinforce the bottom by retrieving bottom sheet (liner) from storage shelf and placing it in the bottom of the box.
- Perform end of week cleaning by sweeping, wiping down the area, and placing cover over supplies.
- Restock supplies during “downtime” by retrieving dividers, strips, and boards from warehouse.
- Put aside any bad cartons by throwing them into defective bin and alerting inspector.
- Obtain weight of carton waste by rolling waste bin onto scales.
- Turn on light when out of boxes by pushing light switch.
- Remove hung carton from conveyor by using a divider or carton to grab trapped carton from between the guard and feed belt.
- Place a strip on each side of center board by removing from storage area and laying onto first and second stacks of cartons.
- Put center board into position by leaning it against first stack of cartons.
- Alert company of poor quality cartons or printing by discussing issue with inspector.
- Notify company of incorrect product type mix by discussing situation with inspector.
- Observe production run to note improper product type mix.
- Determine tare weight of waste by subtracting 134 pounds from amount shown on scale using a calculator.
- Read weight of waste cartons from scale and record weight in logbook.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Work Ready Certificate
- 3 to 5 years manufacturing experience
Evergreen Packaging may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.