Senior Strategic Indirect Sourcing Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Date: 1/1/1970
This position is responsible for design, development, deployment and ongoing management of global sourcing strategies for selected commodities in line with GEC Packaging's total cost of ownership (cost reduction, payable, quality, service, etc.) targets. The position will provide strategic leadership for assigned commodities collaborating extensively with multiple internal GEC and external stakeholders and suppliers. The role will have management and development responsibility over selected indirect category managers and associates.
- Responsible for all tactical and strategic elements of commodity management for assigned commodities, including strategic understanding of supplier markets, supplier selection, sourcing process management, price control/negotiations and sustaining supplier management.
- Develop and manage global sourcing strategy by commodity. Establish sourcing criteria as it relates to all programs, i.e. domestic content requirements, manufacturing requirements, cost targets.
- Leverage global resources to insure maximum purchasing power is realized. Build the organization's competitive position through continuous improvement in cost, quality and overall supplier value.
- Drive implementation of supplier footprint that assures lowest total landed cost and meets GEC Packaging's service and quality requirements.
- Identify, implement, and track performance to material cost saving initiatives. Develop cost reduction, supplier rationalization, value add/engineered, and optimum lean strategies for assigned commodities and execute plans accordingly.
- Develop risk mitigation strategies to negative market trends and potential supply chain risks.
- Enlist supplier involvement in developing joint process improvements/solutions to reduce total material cost. Conduct supplier workshops to benchmark current material costs and provide creative sourcing solutions.
- Actively seek and introduce new supplier technology and advancement in materials, processes, equipment, etc. that will reduce the overall cost, while improving quality.
- Develop, negotiate, and implement long-term supply agreements based on continuous improvements in Quality, Value, and Responsiveness. Work in conjunction with parent company’s sourcing team as necessary on cost savings opportunities.
- Manage other category leaders as assigned to assure that company goals are being attained while developing future leaders in the organization. Also serve as backup to the Director, as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field of study required. Masters Preferred.
- Sourcing, commodity management experience required (8+ years minimum)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously required
- Demonstrated track record of cost reduction and process improvement required
- Ability to effectively communicate and influence at senior levels
- International exposure is desired
- Strong written and verbal communications skills required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
GEC Packaging Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.