Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pine Bluff, AR
Post Date: 8/22/2017
We’re looking for a key strategic team member: an HR Manager who can help us utilize the extraordinary strengths of highly talented Evergreen Packaging associates who support our world-class customers, retailers and eco-conscious consumers. The ideal candidate will be an excellent collaborator and have demonstrated strong Human Resource capabilities in a unionized, large scale manufacturing environment with 1,000+ associates.
The HR Manager must be familiar with talent management processes and technology which includes goal planning, competency platform, career development, performance reviews, and succession planning.
- Manage the labor relations communications between the Union, Management, and employees, i.e., issue resolution, grievance procedures, NLRB charges, etc.
- Assists in the training and development of line management in the application and administration of the Labor Agreement and assists with preparations for and negotiations of labor contracts and other agreements or memorandums with the Union.
- Works directly with Local and International Union Representatives on matters concerning the Labor Agreement, policy application, employee grievances, attendance control and disciplinary actions.
- Investigate, prepare and present Arbitration Cases.
- Investigate NLRB complaints.
- Manage the selection process: recruiting, interviewing, selection teams, hiring and new hire orientation (including benefits) for all employees, including college recruits, summer interns and cooperative education students. Act as liaison between recruiters and college placement offices.
- Ensure that the best-qualified personnel are hired while maintaining all EEO/AAP requirements as well as any state or local regulations governing employment.
- Manage the salaried administration process to ensure that all transfers, promotions, etc. are in legal compliance as well as following EEO guidelines.
- Develop and implement processes to insure the skill development of mill personnel.
- Provide daily HR support to department managers and supervision.
- Investigate unemployment claims in conjunction with the preparation of written protest and appeals and represent the Company at unemployment hearings.
- Identify legal requirements and government regulations affecting Human Resources function (EEOC, FLSA, and ERISA) ensure that all appropriate legal, contractual, company and employee requirements are met and employees understand procedures needed for compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field from a board of regents accredited university. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years in a Sr. level Human Resource Generalist role in a unionized environment.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with Talent Management processes and technology
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.