Job Type: Full-time
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Responsible for leading a team of hourly employees in the continuous improvement of safety, environmental compliance, quality, and productivity goals. Position provides direction and leadership of production team responsible for manufacturing paperboard cartons for the Milk and Juice industries. Successful candidate will require a technical degree and develop technical skills in printing, cutting, scoring and finishing. The successful candidate will further develop leadership skills in managerial courage, building effective teams, conflict avoidance and resolution, customer focus, and developing their direct reports. This position is the first step toward a career in manufacturing management. The successful candidate will need to show a strong work ethic, be willing to work alternative shifts and have the ability to consistently achieve the required results. The successful candidate will be required to go through an extensive training process with experienced team leaders that will give the candidate confidence and a solid understanding of existing processes that are used in the facility. The ideal candidate will see this position as a stretch assignment, but have the energy and drive to be successful.
- This position requires the ability to work nights, weekends or rotating shifts. There is no guaranteed preference of assignment to one shift over another.
- Ensure all employees are knowledgeable of and adhere to Evergreen Packaging safety policies and procedures, as well as OSHA regulations.
- Lead hourly team to adherence of the requirements of SQF Code 2000.
- Organize, manage, and direct the activities of employees assigned on shift to meet production goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's), as well as demonstrate the bedrock, essential tenets of continuous improvement.
- Responsible for effective employee relations. Provide employee coaching and development. Reduce and quickly satisfy employee issues through effective problem resolution and leadership excellence.
- Meet production goals by balancing quality, productivity, performance, cost, safety, environmental, and morale needs to achieve positive results.
- Work with all functional areas of the facility, shifts and direct reports to achieve a positive and can-do attitude among crews and peers.
- Provide products and services that consistently meet the mutually agreed upon specifications of both our internal and external customers.
- Involve and engage team members in continuously improving the processes to efficiently manufacture our products.
- Unwavering integrity and upright character, able to lead by example in all situations.
- Strong people skills with ability to follow through on assignments with little or no supervision.
- Must possess and demonstrate strong organizational and administrative skills. Must demonstrate ability to effectively use Excel, Word and Access software.
- Must be an effective communicator and have the ability to coach and motivate employees into taking ownership and accountability in a team environment.
- Strong Safety Commitment and belief in the importance of a Safe Behavior-based culture. Non-compromising attitude on Safety is a must.
- B.S. required. Mechanical engineering preferred. We will consider B.S. in Electrical, Chemical or other technical with adequate experience base.
- 2-5 years of hands-on manufacturing experience as an intern or full time employee for a manufacturing company preferred. 4 years or longer record of strong organizational leadership will also be considered.
- Experience in printing, extrusion, or similar industry strongly preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with Lean, Six Sigma, and/or other continuous improvement processes a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.