Process Engineer - Pulp Mill
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 9/6/2017
- Maintains system integrity (reliability, availability). This includes daily interaction with and coordination between mill production and E & I personnel and outside computer system vendors. This would include, but is not limited to, the validation and maintaining of the optimal tuning and performance levels of control loops within a specific process area.
- Works towards the implementation of process computer and control system enhancements of both a hardware and a software nature.
- Maintains proper and accurate documentation of process computer and control systems.
- Assists in defining objectives, scope of work and priorities and is responsible for doing or overseeing the work to its completion.
- May function as an independent agent, a project team member or as a project team leader or coordinator.
- Frequently renders technical support, advice and counsel.
- The work is usually aimed at product and process problem solving and/or improvements, cost reduction and profitability improvement.
- Work to advance the effectiveness of and maintain the PI (Plant Information) system.
- Must have at least a B.S. Degree in either Pulp & Paper Science (Technology), Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or Mechanical Engineering or the equivalent in formal technical degree plus experience.
- Pulp and Paper Industry experience desired (with B.S. degree).
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated fully effective (or better) performance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.