Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pine Bluff, AR
Post Date: 9/11/2017
The Mill Controller manages all aspects of accounting for the production facility, including cost accounting, financial reporting, internal controls, payroll, accounts payable, budgeting and forecasting. The Controller is an active member of the mill management team and is expected to lead and support all aspects of facility operations.
- Oversee cost accounting functions to include familiarity with inner-workings of cost accounting systems and oversight of variance and allocation reporting.
- Research, understand and communicate financial variance drivers.
- Oversee raw material and energy input cost accounting to insure proper receipt, inventory, consumption calculations, variance explanations and forecasting.
- Responsible for mill financial forecasting and budgeting, to include development, reporting and communicating to appropriate parties.
- Oversee mill-wide hourly payroll processing and accounting.
- Oversee mill-specific accounts payable processing.
- Oversee mill customer billing and invoice processing.
- Oversee all aspects of general accounting including balance sheet account reconciliations and assurance of appropriate accruals and proper accounting treatment.
- Tax management including sales/use tax, incentive programs and property tax.
- Responsible for financial management of mill inventories.
- Working closely with corporate finance group to insure corporate and external reporting requirements are met.
- Oversee month-end close process.
- Capital and fixed asset management, including project financial support (return analysis) and insuring proper administration of placed in service, depreciation, retirements and CIP control.
- Effectively communicate financial results to mill management team as well as corporate management team.
- Responsible for mill internal controls and policy compliance.
- Act as financial liaison between mill and other business groups, including sales, customer service, product development, converting, supply chain, procurement, etc.
- Supervise finance team of exempts and non-exempts, while promoting an energetic and positive environment of continuous improvement and development.
- Analytical support as required.
- Bachelor's degree Accounting or Finance required.
- MBA and CPA preferred.
- Minimum 2-5 years experience as controller for large manufacturing facility preferred.
- Strong writing and communication skills mandatory.
- Experience in problem solving, complex financial analysis and people management key.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Power Point mandatory.
- Experience with SAP accounting system a plus.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.