Job Type: Full-time
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Post Date: 1/1/1970
The Crater is responsible for fabricating wooden crates and/or cardboard boxes using
woodworking hand tools and power tools.
1) Manually packs large items such as machinery, odd-shaped products and/or
prepackaged cartons into shipping crates.
2) Determines size and shape of container and materials to be used, saws materials
to size and then assembles crates using nailing or stapling guns.
3) Places products and prepackaged products into containers and then wraps pads
and/or protective materials around packaged materials to ensure crate reaches
4) Attaches identification labels and ensures compliance with shipping
5) Weighs loaded crates and moves completed container to shipping area.
PHYSICAL DEMAND CLASSIFICATION
Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than
negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly.
Hours: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Hourly Wage: $21.21 – max of $22.86 (after 12 months)
1) Proficient in blueprint reading and schematics
2) Experience in operation of hand carts or industrial trucks
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Video: Join Our Team