Job Type: Full-time
Location: Plant City, FL
Post Date: 9/27/2017
- Follows job production schedule by using the Production Sheet to verify accuracy and records on Makeready Checklist.
- Prepares next print job by checking production schedule for project #, picking up plates from staging area, checking each plate for color codes and plate codes, and completing Make Ready Check List and verifying correct board grade from Docket sheet.
- Assists with changeovers by removing all printing plates, cleaning and replacing printing plates.
- Loads paper onto press and recording time of splice onto Roll Sheet.
- Manually splices rolls occasionally, hand cutting, and taping rolls together at any part of equipment.
- Monitors and cleans ink on impression cylinders by using alcohol and rag, and manually turn the cylinder to clean off ink.
- Monitors bar codes on cartons by using scanner to verify UPC code is printed properly.
- Monitors running roll for defects and alignment while hanging new roll. Report any defects to Quality.
- Performs abhesive checks.
- Performs quality checks at start-up and every hour by checking functions and completing Quality Check Sheet to include date, time, Skid #, board issues, fold & dips, ink drips, varnish, adhesive, scum, UPC code, Cut to Scores, etc.
- Prints WIP label from WIP tracking system.
- Prepares completed Skids by covering in plastic sheet and attaching skid label.
- Prepares print units by cleaning blankets and hanging plates for new jobs.
- Troubleshoots cartons kicked out of register by catching manually, reviewing for issues, discarding cartons, and notifying crew leader/operator.
- Maintains area cleanliness.
- Performs frequent visual checks on printed cartons by pulling several cartons from each stream and checking for color bars, abhesive, defects, scum, color variation, and laminate in seal areas.
- Performs preventive maintenance on equipment by cleaning and scraping using solvents and tools.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma/GED
- Mechanical skills and abilities
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to stand 8 hours a day
- Must be able to lift up to 30 lbs frequently
- Must be able to wear protective equipment as required.
- Able and willing to work rotating swing shift
Evergreen Packaging may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.