Job Type: Full-time
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Post Date: 9/27/2017
Repairs and maintains welding, machining and related equipment, relocate assets to other areas within the facility, and other performs miscellaneous structural repairs. Fabrication or reconditioning parts or components as needed. Performs work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of an establishment in repair. Duties may involve pipe fitting;; insulating; welding; machining; carpentry; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment; installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment; and repairing buildings, floors, or stairs.
- Must be able to successfully pass a Mechanical skill assessment
- Inspects defective equipment and diagnoses malfunctions, using testing instruments, manuals, and similar guides using tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, to precision measuring instruments and electrical and electronic testing devices.
- Disassembles defective or to perform preventive maintenance of equipment. Process is reversed once repair/reconditioning is complete. May also involve facility maintenance (fixtures, wiring, etc.).
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, or do not deteriorate.
- Reconditions and replaces parts, bearing, gears, motors, etc. Installs special functional and structural parts as well. This may include facility maintenance (changing lights, minor carpentry/electrical work). Also inspects, operates, and/or tests machinery or equipment to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Changes oil, lubricants, batteries, checks compressors, power supplies, and conveyors of machinery and equipment, as well as, determines mechanical problems and determines how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, or parts catalogs, as necessary.
- Inspects and verifies dimensions and clearances of parts, conveyors, and miscellaneous housing ensuring conformance to factory specifications. Assembles, installs, or repairs wiring, electrical or electronic components, pipe systems, plumbing, machinery, or equipment.
- May weld and cut parts using mig/arc welding and cutting equipment. Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, or perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Adjust functional parts of devices or control instruments, using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, or straightedges.
- General housekeeping of maintenance area, which may also include general upkeep of tools and equipment used for repair work including, cleaning or lubricating shafts, bearings, gears, or other parts of machinery
- Maintenance will set-up, change, and monitor various production line/press equipment. Set-up workstations or production equipment to facilitate production, as well as repair or replace defective equipment parts, using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Repairs and maintains welding, machining and related equipment
- Relocate assets to other areas within the facility, and other performs miscellaneous structural repairs
- Fabrication or reconditioning parts or components as needed. Performs work involving the skills of two or more maintenance or craft occupations to keep machines, mechanical equipment, or the structure of an establishment in repair
- Duties may involve pipe fitting; insulating; welding; machining; carpentry; repairing electrical or mechanical equipment
- Installing, aligning, and balancing new equipment. Repairing buildings, floors, or stairs
Evergreen Packaging may require satisfactory completion of certain job based assessments which candidates would be required to successfully complete in order to qualify for the position.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.