Staffing Coordinator - Corporate in house
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages the interview process, offer letters, new hire paperwork, on-boarding and additional phases of the hiring process.
- Schedules and conducts new hire orientation and provides support to Talent Acquisition team for coordinating onboarding of new hires including, but not limited to pre-employment scheduling, Welcome and First Day information, and I-9 verification.
- Initiates and reviews background checks and drug screens through a third party vendor
- Identifies and helps lead initiatives that drive hiring efficiencies and improvements to our recruitment efforts.
- Research potential candidates through a variety of sources, screen candidates, schedule interviews, perform evaluations and gather feedback from management staff and the candidates.
- Drive job posting optimization initiatives and identifies opportunities to refine the talent sourcing process to improve efficiencies and the candidate experience.
- The Talent Acquisition Specialist works daily with other areas of HR (ie: training, compensation, benefits, program management, business partnership, operations) as well as hiring managers across the Company.
- Arranges travel logistics for candidates and manages reimbursement process
- Maintains records on recruiting activities as required
- Maintains employment records
- Work closely with the talent acquisition team to develop and execute sourcing strategies aimed at generating candidate flow to meet overall recruiting goals, as well as pipelines for critical talent pools.
- Source candidates through various direct methods: internal and external networks, professional associations, name generation research, relationship building, social media (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter), technology tools and other advanced sourcing techniques.
- Gather data around competition and market conditions or trends that may impact ability to find and hire the right talent. Provide feedback to hiring managers to create realistic expectations.
- Manage applicant tracking system, talent communities and CRM for maximum results while researching new sourcing tools and technologies.
- Maintains college recruiting, affirmative action and career development programs.
- May conduct research and analyze data on assigned projects.
- Helps Talent Management with training and development sessions
- Assist with special projects as assigned
Core Proficiencies and Skills
Talent Acquisition Specialist are required to interact with other managers, employees, vendors, and customers. Therefore, the following skills and proficiencies are also essential requirements of the position:
- Ability to maintain regular, predictable, and punctual attendance.
- Computer usage and typing skills are essential.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service.
- Ability it work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices.
- Communicates effectively: conveys facts and information clearly both verbally and orally.
- Collaborates well with others: proactively contributes to group objectives; volunteers to help others.
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent years of experience and education1-3 years of HR experience preferably involving recruiting, onboarding and sourcing.
- Knowledge of talent acquisition industry trends including online sourcing and knowledge of employment and labor laws
- Proven organizational skills and demonstrated customer service experience in a high volume work environment with internal or external customers.
- Proficient at multi-tasking effectively in a fast-paced office environment.
- Strong Boolean search, organic search, and SEO skills preferred
- Must be a strong team player and detail oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate tactfully and effectively at all levels of the organization.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
GEC Packaging Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.