Job Type: Full-time
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Post Date: 9/29/2017
The successful Buyer will be responsible for coordinating the supply chain functions for their assigned commodities and/or process center team. This includes purchasing quality parts at the least total cost to meet the requirements of the customer. Key customers are assembly, test, repair parts and warehousing. Other customers are sales/marketing, engineer, accounting and external suppliers.
- Responsible for cost reduction and/or cost containment for purchased goods.
- Responsible for lead-time reduction efforts on purchased goods to provide better response times to our parts business.
- Responsible for developing alternative suppliers particularly in areas where we are currently single sourced. Goal is to ensure continuity of supply and minimize risk.
- Responsible for supplier on-time delivery percentage and quality rating.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field and minimum 5 years of experience in purchasing related positions.
- Demonstrated knowledge of MRP Systems, including planning, forecasting, scheduling, purchasing, receiving, and warehouse functions.
- Strong data analysis skills including the use of spreadsheets and databases to analyze data and provide recommended solutions to problems.
- Demonstrated ability to perform supplier risk analysis and develop alternative suppliers to reduce costs and/or prevent single-source situations.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cost reduction programs.
- Demonstrated ability to reduce lead times on purchased goods.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a wide variety of priorities in a rapid-paced environment.
- Knowledge of ECO process including understanding of configured bills of materials.
- Certification in purchasing (CPM/CPSM) and/or production and inventory management (CPIM).
- Experience in complex capital equipment manufacturing.
- Experience in sourcing, Electrical Components, Power Transmission Components, MRO, Fabrication, and machining of stainless and/or carbon steel.
- ISO 9001 and Engineering Change Order (ECO) experience.
- Hands on experience with SAP ERP system.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.