Bleached Board Technical Services Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Pine Bluff, AR
Post Date: 10/3/2017
Reporting to the Business Unit Manager - Manufacturing Excellence, Quality, & Strategic Projects, this position is responsible for developing, implementing, and sustaining quality plans and programs focusing on Continuous Improvement and Manufacturing Excellence within the quality department. The position requires strong project management, technical, and leadership skills and will require a cohesive working relationship with all stakeholders within the business working to implement solutions to mill quality issues. Primarily, the prospective candidate should have the ability to manage several projects that span multiple disciplines, with the primary focus being on quality. The ideal candidate will be technically oriented, detailed in approach, work well with people at all levels in the organization, and promotable to management positions in the company after building background and experience within in our business.
Specific Job Duties:
- Technical liaison between customer and company/mill for troubleshooting, customer correspondence, problem solving, claim and credit resolution.
- Provide customer support through site visits, emails, conference calls, engagement of outside contractors, etc. as needed.
- Visit domestic and international customer facilities as needed to investigate and resolve problem issues.
- Help implement and audit changes in mill procedures and processes based on the feedback from customers and mill process capability.
- Help establish, change and institute specifications as necessary to address customer needs and fit within mill process capabilities.
- Provide field recommendations and solutions for quality issues encountered in the field for both uncoated and coated bleached liquid packaging board.
- Establish and/or participate in the creation of test protocols to address quality issues.
- Able to facilitate D.O.E’s to help to identify root cause and initiate effective corrective action.
- Undergraduate Degree required from a State Board of Regents Accredited University.
- 5-7 years professional work experience in Leadership/Supervisory role.
- Ability to adapt to a variety of conditions and technical challenges.
- Ability to build and manage a budget and schedule.
- Good communication & computer skills in Microsoft Office. PI, Elixir, Minitab, and other programs are a benefit.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work well with individuals at all levels of the organization in a team setting.
- Organized approach to work and ability to deal with multiple competing priorities to make appropriate decisions.
- Able to convey a sense of urgency and drive to perform and deliver expected results to the organization.
- Exposure to Lean Sigma processes with appropriate utilization in process and project management.
- Support staff to incorporate ideas for the Lean implementation.
- Facilitate Lean culture throughout the Quality department.
- Displayed potential to grasp strategic concepts and strategy.
- Exposure to LEAN ideologies.
- Certification Lean Manufacturing (Green or Black Belt).
- Technical degree that has application to the paper industry, board quality exposure a plus.
- One on one customer focus experience in a paper manufacturing environment with proven results.
- Experience managing people in a union environment.
- High leadership potential with the ability and the desire to promote within the organization.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.