Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Date: 1/1/1970
We are currently looking to add a Logistics Analyst to our Global Logistics Team. The Logistics Analyst and Project Manager will be responsible for adding value to the Logistics and Distribution Network. The Manager is responsible for in depth analytical insight to measure and improve margin enhancement, capital efficiency, and profitable growth. This role encompasses: 1) developing synergies across the GEC Packaging Technologies logistics network, with key customers, suppliers and other shippers with diverse multi-modal transportation needs, 2) development of the logistics budget, financial metrics and financial reporting with a focus on continuous improvement, 3) logistics planning/modeling, 4) project management, 5) creation and deployment of standardized and synchronized KPIs. Excellent analytical skills including Microsoft Excel and Tableau will be essential.
This position must reside at Corporate HQ in Memphis. Strong collaborative and communication skills are vital as success will be achieved through and with other team members.
- Develops a logistics budget using inputs from multiple sources including historical data, industry benchmarks, sales forecasts, macro-economic factors, etc. that focuses on cost and revenue
- Tracks performance to budget across all inputs (market trends, fuel, sales forecasts, transportation costs, distribution costs, modes, etc.)
- Assisting in freight procurement across all modes
- Supply chain transformation and freight execution
- Benchmark costs for transportation and distribution using industry data and bench marking services
- Creation of monthly reporting for audiences at multiple levels of the organization
- Actively engages in S&OP process to ensure changes in sales forecasts and changes in manufacturing plans are operationalized
- Actively seeks and implements opportunities for incremental revenue, cost savings, and network synergies
- Manages projects and effectively communicates and interacts with all levels of the organization, including engineers, plant operations personnel, finance, and senior management
- Uses modeling tools and/or MS Office tools to benchmark operations and create/test different operating scenarios
- Solves strategic business problems
Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated ability to comfortably and effectively communicate both verbally and in writing. This means the ability to develop agendas, lead meetings as a facilitator, and document & publish critical results
- Persuasiveness – Utilize interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance. Must have the ability to persuade stakeholders internally and suppliers externally
- Demonstrated ability to easily interface with plant personnel, build and lead teams, manage projects and drive cost and process improvement
- Analytical Skills – Must be able to relate & compare, securing relevant information and identifying key issues. This includes seeking and organizing information, conducting relevant data analysis, and creating reports, dashboard and guided ad hoc reports.
- Financial & Qualitative Acumen – Demonstrate an understanding of the use, interpretation and impact of key quantitative and financial measures
- Visionary – Must be able to challenge existing processes and paradigms
Qualifications – Mandatory
- B.S/B.A. degree in supply chain, business or related field from a four-year accredited college or university
- At least 3 years logistics operations experience. Examples include practical experience in warehousing, ocean export, domestic trucking, inland port and rail operations using best practices and KPIs
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
- Project management experience
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal with all levels of the organization
Qualifications – Preferred
- Project Management or APICS certification, MBA a plus
- Manufacturing operations experience
- Tableau software experience
- Network Design and Modeling/Optimization Experience (ie. work with supply chain design software like Llamasoft)
- Programming and Data Warehouse experience
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
GEC Packaging Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.