Business Unit Manager - Paper Manufacturing
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 10/20/2017
We are looking for someone to lead the Paper Manufacturing Department to produce the highest quality products in a safe, environmentally committed, cost efficient manner. Lead the department organizational business development and enhance the overall performance of the department and the mill by being an effective member of the department and mill management teams for the continued success of Canton/Waynesville Facilities.
- Lead the department safety efforts by creating a safe work environment in which employees can perform their job tasks at minimum risks. Utilize efforts and systems such as the safety work order system and accountability process to create improved performance.
- Maintain the efforts in the Environmental arena to meet all compliance requirements and strive for consistent and improved performance on all operating parameters.
- Manage the operational efforts of the production groups to support the department and mill operational goals to provide quality products with minimum variability in specifications and supply.
- Manage cost of manufacturing by improving equipment reliability through resource group commitment, structuring capital spending to manage preservation and return projects. Managing overtime costs, developing committed supply partners and cost structures, and improving the process in the mill for optimum performance.
- Continuously build, strengthen and improve leadership, education, empowerment and dedication of the employees and of the organization to meet the needs of the department and the Canton/Waynesville Mill in support of the organizations objectives through people and training systems.
- Knowledge of production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product. Additionally, familiarity and belief in Manufacturing Excellence principals is a way to manage our business.
- Primary budgeting responsibility for a key area of the Mill.
- Bachelor’s degree required from accredited University.
- Preferred degree areas include Chemical Engineering, Pulp & Paper, and Mechanical Engineering.
- 7-10 years Operational management in Pulp & Paper Industry.
- Specific knowledge in Pulp and Paper operations is highly preferred.
- Other technical degrees will be considered when combined with job experience relevant to the job requirements.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to assess risk and determine the path forward to minimize business impact.
- Leadership: a demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others by developing working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Strong business management principles and excellent leadership skills, including supervisory responsibilities.
- This role will have accountability for departmental performance management requirements.
- Ability to manage / balance competing multiple priorities and achieve positive results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee relations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to convey a compelling vision and sense of core purpose.
- Strong team player with the ability to develop and participate in all team environments, including Mill Operations Lead Team member, to achieve goals, set strategy and achieve efficient problem resolution.
- Basic knowledge of SAP, PI, or other business operating systems is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
- Willingness and ability to document all aspects of daily operations.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.