Job Type: Full-time
Location: Canton, NC
Post Date: 1/1/1970
Assist in environmental, health, and safety programs and compliance for the Canton and Waynesville, NC operations as well as a small facility in Tennessee. This position will direct and influence site leadership to assure regulatory and company compliance, achieve continuous performance improvement, and integrate EHS performance objectives into standard work processes. The EHS Engineer shall develop strategies to achieve these goals in alignment with the site business goals and values, assure all operations managers understand compliance requirements, and assist directly when needed.
- Ensure assigned Environmental permits are properly implemented.
- Implements and administers government and company required safety, health and environmental programs to ensure safety and compliance.
- Coach site operational leaders to be visible EHS advocates in areas of responsibility.
- Implement and/or drive corporate and facility EHS strategies at the site operations level.
- Audit facilities and systems to identify improvement opportunities and provide assistance in reaching goals and objectives.
- Assist in completion of any regulatory submissions, notifications, etc. required to maintain compliance with federal, state, and local EHS requirements.
- Navigate pending and proposed regulations and position the facility to be in compliance with the least impact to the facility.
- Evaluate performance trends and develop initiatives based on those trends to improve performance.
- Review information/data and compare against compliance/regulatory requirements and industry guidelines and advising management accordingly.
- Develop and maintaining required Safety trainings and programs that are consistent with Federal, State and Company guidelines.
- Lead the development and ensure delivery of company EHS policies and procedures.
- Monitoring, recording and disposal of hazardous waste generated at the facility.
- Conduct routine Environment, health and safety audits.
- Conduct annual required training, new employee training and tracking of training.
- Maintaining working knowledge of the new technologies developed by the industry and government regulators.
- Maintains accurate documentation and required records.
- Tracks effectiveness of Company safety and environmental programs and adjust appropriately.
- Utilize manufacturing excellence tools to engage employees in safety improvement projects.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Health and Safety or closely related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in an EH&S role within a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrates understanding and application of environmental, health, safety and worker compensation programs.
- Energetic and dynamic with excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Comfortable and proficient at speaking in front of a group.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to motivate, train and delegate responsibility.
- Ability to lead, build consensus and work within a team environment
Initiate and manage change.
- Skilled in Microsoft Professional applications (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Strong leadership and change leadership skills.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.