Business Development Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Memphis, TN
Post Date: 11/14/2017
We are currently seeking a Business Development Executive (Hunter) who will be responsible for targeting and closing new opportunities within assigned customer accounts and target markets. The primary focus is calling on brand and marketing managers in the beverage industry and grocery retailer space. Responsibilities include developing and maintaining close relationships with key executives and decision makers and handing off the management of the relationship to an Account Manager once the opportunity is closed. Additionally, the role requires excellent organization and planning skills and the ability to work as part of a team.
- Work closely with VP of Sales and Marketing to set strategy, sales goals and targets
- Conduct research and prospecting activities for target markets
- Identifying, developing and closing new business opportunities to enable profitable sales growth
- Collaborate with account managers, marketing ,and new product development
- Maintain an active and robust pipeline of opportunities
- Understand and report to the organization relevant market trends
- Understanding and compliance with all policies and legal requirements including antitrust code of conduct, and ethics requirements
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 5+ years relevant experience in sales role with track record of success calling on marketing and brand managers of large national CPG’s
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
- The ability to travel 50%. International travel may be required
- Proven track record of success selling to national brand marketing and brand managers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.