Job Type: Full-time
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Post Date: 1/1/1970
This role provides controls engineering support to assigned product lines. The key customers are the engineers, Process Centered Owners, manufacturing, purchasing and vendors, Technical Service Team, Field Service, and our end customers. The deliverables from this role are electrical engineering design, programming for logic controllers and visualization interface, and technical support.
- Maintain a fully documented and accurate electrical design and control program that complies with established Evergreen and industry standards for assigned lines.
- Maintain a cost balance for the electrical design that achieves the lowest base cost with the highest manufacturing efficiency and lowest warranty. This balance should also account for the highest operational efficiency and lowest maintenance requirement.
- Produce electrical design/program changes to support sale orders, product improvements, and change requests/non-conformances for assigned product lines.
- Provide timely, complete, and consistent technical support to internal and external business customers as required in support of assigned product lines.
- Support the Controls Team to increase output, standardization, and repeatability of designs and programs through developing and continuously improving engineering tools and work processes.
- Maintain at minimum a 30-day backlog of all assigned non-conformances.
- Degreed Engineer (preferably electrical, will consider mechanical or chemical)
- Minimum of 2 years professional experience related to this position
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to produce results
- Demonstrated ability to work well with people
- Demonstrated ability to learn
- Experience with Allen Bradley control systems
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Action Oriented
- Organizing and Priority Setting
- Analytical and Problem Solving
- Drive for Results
- Time Management
- Customer Focus
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Functional Technical skills
- Learning on the fly
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Evergreen Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.